Thursday, September 23, 2010

Just Like That. . .

My sabbatical went by in a blink of an eye! I honestly have never had 7 weeks go by so quickly in my life, but I am happy to report that I did everything that I wanted to do during my time off from work. Now, I didn't get everything done that I NEEDED to do, but everything that I wanted to do.

I fell in love with my girls all over again. I was able to reconnect with friends that I haven't seen in years - Angel in Hawaii, Lisha and Ann in San Diego, and Angela in LA. I got to be a daughter all over again through a trip with my mom to Portland. I got to be my husband's girlfriend and dated him. And, I got to reconnect with my extended family - getting to visit Christian and Caitlin and their new puppy and had Ken's aunt and uncle visit us. I took my girls through my childhood by showing them the house where I grew up in California, the park where I played and the town where I spent many happy memories growing up. And, I was a part of my girls' childhood memories by taking them to Disneyland, Legoland, and the open ocean. I read books, I took long baths, I fell asleep in the sun, I cooked, I watched movies - all things that have been luxeries in terms of time before.

I never re-bricked my backyard, I didn't complete my photo albums or baby books, I didn't lose 15 pounds (I actually gained 3), I didn't deep clean my house, and I didn't blog nearly as often as I would have liked. But, none of that mattered. All that mattered was that I could be a mom, a friend, a neice, a daughter and a wife. It's seven weeks that I'll never forget and will always cherish the precious memories.

For a complete photographic recap, check out my photos on Facebook.

3 comments:

Mary said...

We have so enjoyed following your vacation on Facebook. Inger Lise, in Norway, commented today how much they have enjoyed your vacation too!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had a good time away from the office and was able to take some time for yourself and your family. You deserved the break. These seven weeks went by so quickly, but we are certainly happy to have you back!

Noah Coad said...

Wow, sounds like a great time there Linda. Congrats and we're happy for you. We miss your family!