Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!


Today is a very special day - it's my mom's birthday! Happy birthday, Mom! Can't wait to celebrate with you this weekend!

Here's a fun fact for the day - Do you know where "Heinz 57" comes from? In its early days, the company wanted to advertise the great number of choices of canned and bottled foods it offered for sale. Although the company had more than 60 products in 1892, the number 57 was chosen because the numbers "5" and "7" held special significance to Heinz. The number "5" was Henry John Heinz's lucky number and the number "7" was his wife's lucky number.Now, I'm not saying that this story has anything to do with my mom's birthday at all. Just found it interesting :-). I suppose you could say that there's way more than 57 things that makes my mom so special.

2 comments:

Christian said...

Happy Birthday Mom! You're the best.

Mary said...

Thank you for the greetings. I'm so lucky to have such a terrific family.