Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Confession: My Child is Smarter Than Me


Recently bath time has become somewhat of a chore. So, I try to incorporate new things to make it more fun for Marilynn. One of my finds are these fizzy things that turn the bath water different colors. They come in red, blue and yellow. I like to give Marilynn choices, so I usually ask her what color she wants her bath to be. She almost always picks blue. My hunch is that yellow looks too much like pee and red water looks like a scene from a Psycho movie or something. But, tonight, she said that she wanted green water. I matter-of-factly said that we don't have green - only red, yellow or blue. She literally rolled her eyes at me, then picked up a yellow and a blue tablet, plopped them into the water at once and the water started turning green. Then, she had a very content look on her face, and said, "See Mommy, I made green." Wow - I'm calling Princeton in the morning.




3 comments:

amy said...

That's cute!! Isn't that funny how they can blow our minds like that, just out of the blue ( or green, in this case) !?!

Please ...do tell...where did you find something to color the water that doesn't create a huge mess!?!

take care, amy

Mary said...

That's a great story. Of course we always knew she was smart! Can't wait for Aug. 5.

Mills Family said...

Hi Amy!
I got them at Wal-Mart in the bath soap section. They are called fizzy something and don't stain at all!

Love,
Linda