Sunday, September 7, 2008

Children's Museum

While we were at the Seattle Center, we wandered into the Seattle Children's Museum, and I just want to know how come no one ever told me about this place? It was Heaven for toddlers (okay, and for me too). They have it set up like a little town, so kids can go to the grocery store, serve food at a restaurant, pump gas, go to the post office, etc. I never knew adult life could seem so interesting to a little kid! We stayed there until well past nap time. When Ken said it was time to head home, I was like "Nooooo! Can't we stay longer??"





They had a bakery set up so you could frost and decorate your own cake. Marilynn put about 1/2 a pound of sprinkles on her cake. I really wanted to frost one too, so Marilynn let me share hers.


Marilynn served us some great pretend tacos and beans and rice at the Mexican restaurant!

Not sure what this was, but Marilynn was fascinated by it. . .



The grocery store was too cool. It had a meat market, a frozen food section, produce stand, build your own pizza stand, etc. Then, you take your groceries to the little check out isle. Marilynn looked like she was on that game show "Super Market Sweep."

No comments: