Saturday, September 27, 2008

Coffee Talk


The past two Saturday mornings I've ended up at Starbucks with the girls, so it was interesting when we were at the park this morning and Marilynn said "Mommy, I want to have coffee with you." It was such a sweet ask - just time for girl talk and a chance to feel like a grown-up. So, we headed to the nearest Starbucks and ordered one juice box, a tall nonfat mocha, and an 8 oz warm water stirred with formula powder. I'll let you guess who got what.

Perhaps this will be our mother-daughter tradition going forward - well, at least until the girls don't want to hang out with Mommy on Saturdays anymore.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Can Granny come next time - just us girls!

ASC said...

This is so sweet! Our daughter loves to go out to lunch at girlie places with me or with me and my mom - just the girls! Such fun times! Your girls are so sweet!

Mills Family said...

Granny can come over for coffee any time!