Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One Sick Little Girl

Poor Marilynn started screaming in the middle of the night last night. I ran to her room to see what was wrong, and she said "Mommy, I spilled." Trying to figure out what that meant, I picked her up in my arms and held her and then smelled a strange stomach acid smell and then felt warm throw up all over the front of me. Okay, I have to admit, this was the grossest mommy moment ever. Marilynn has NEVER thrown up before - hardly even baby spit up. I cleaned up her sheets, washed her hair, gave her some water to drink, and tried to put her back to bed. No way, Jose. She did not want to be in that room any more, and I can't blame her. So, I brought her into bed with me and Ken. An hour later, she puked again - but this time all over my pillow. Then, Ken left the bed and went downstairs (who could blame him?). Two more upchucks and two more sheet changes, and we finally both fell asleep at 3 a.m. Marilynn then had a pretty rough day today -no appetite,more throw up, just not herself. I'm praying that tonight goes better . . .

3 comments:

Christian said...

Poor girl. I hope she feels better soon.

Cheryl said...

Poor little girl. I've been there with Bryce. I'm praying for you both that she feels better soon.

amy said...

Oh ...sorry about your rough night.
We've been there these past few wks too. Hope she's feeling better soon!