Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dinner Conversation With Marilynn

Today was just one of those crazy days at work, and I was given a last minute project at the end of the day so I was a tad bit late coming home. I was frantically driving home with that "working mom guilt syndrome." Then, I made it in the middle of dinner time, and Marilynn asked me matter of factly, "Mommy, where were you all day??."

Me: "I was at work"
Marilynn: "Oh, making money?"
Me: "ummm. yes. I suppose you could say that"
Marilynn: "so we can have food?" (while looking down at her plate full of food)
Me: "Yes, money does buy food."
Marilynn: "Thank you, Mommy for giving us food" (then big kiss and hug)

Okay, maybe I'm not such a bad mom afterall. Thank you Marilynn, for being my grounding force!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

nothing like kids innocent thoughts right? Out of the mouths of babes