Sunday, January 25, 2009

Marilynn's Birthday Party


We had such a great birthday party for Marilynn - filled with good friends, games, and of course, cake! We hosted it at the children's museum so the kids had a blast playing with all of the exhibits and activities there and I loved it because I didn't have to clean up after 11 toddlers! It was a blast for the kids (and me :-)).

The party started off with a group activity where the kids got to make their own animal face mask. Marilynn picked a bunny out.



Then, it was time to eat! I was semi-proud of how my fruit kabob display turned out. I wanted to get some substance into the kids before they got a sugar high from the cake and ice cream. We also had "monkey mix," mini PBJ sandwiches for the kids and subs for the adults, and a veggie tray.

Then, it was time for cake and ice cream! We had a Curious George themed party, so I made various colored cupcakes to look like balloons that Curious George was holding. Marilynn blew out her 3 candles like a pro!
After cake, the kids got free reign over the museum, and Marilynn decided to make up her face.

Even Erika got to join in the fun - thank you, Sandra, for taking care of Erika during the party!!
Marilynn had such a great birthday party - I'm thankful for all of her friends who came out to celebrate her special day!

1 comment:

Mary said...

looks like it was a lot of fun. I'm very impressed with the cake and the fruit kababs. I wish I had been there!