Friday, January 30, 2009

The Preschoolers' Pick Up Joint

Tonight Marilynn and I had a special date night - just the two of us. I told her we could go anywhere she wanted to go. Surprise - she picked McDonald's. So, we get our food, and Marilynn catches the eye of a little boy there - an older boy I must say - probably about 5 years old. So, she wants to sit right across from him.

All through dinner, she's making these flirty faces at him, starts waving and then he totally catches on! He starts showing off for her - acting up in front of his parents, jumping from booth to booth and giggling. We're about to finish up our dinner, and he and his mom stop by our table and present Marilynn with a cookie - his mom said that he insisted on buying her one.

Is this the preschool version of buying a single lady a drink, or what? Let's just say Marilynn was beaming and savored every last bite of that cookie.

2 comments:

John and Alisha Stults said...

That's so funny! And that is exactly what Micah does when he sees a little girl. He starts showing off. Get used to it. She's going to have guys falling all over her for years to come. I would invest in a good baseball bat.

Cheryl said...

That's hilarious! she reminds me a lot of myself when I was younger.